Originally part of the parish of Rickmansworth, Chorleywood was declared a separate parish on 3rd December 1845.
The present church, consecrated in 1870, replaced an earlier church built on the same site in 1845. Only the original tower remains, finished with flint and Bath stone, although its small pointed roof was replaced by the spire.
The neighbouring church school was built in 1853.
Christ Church Chorleywood – 1905
For more information, download the Tour of Christ Church leaflet