Our series at Illuminate and Lighthouse this term is titled ‘Feeling…’ Inspire by ‘Inside Out’, the recent Disney Pixar film, this series aims help the children realise that whatever they are feeling, God is always there and always with us.
A few weeks ago we looked at Anger – what the bible says about Anger. Asking if it’s ok to be Angry? Is there a right type of Anger? How can we cope with Anger?
At Illuminate our craft for this week was homemade stress balls; a reminder for us of the session, and maybe to help us too. We thought we would share it with you if you would like to make one too.
What you need:
- Balloon (one per stressball)
- Sandwich bag (sealable)
- Fill the cup (we used the plastic coloured cups we have at church) half full of flour.
- Pour the flour into the sandwich bag.
- Move flour into a corner of the sandwich bag and seal it.
- Cut off the long section of the balloon so you are left with the main ‘ball’ bit.
- Roll up the sandwich bag into a a ball.
- Take the balloon and stretch the enterance and but the sandwich of flour inside- a bit like stretching a swimming hat onto your head!
- You should then be left with a small hole – we taped ours closes with some electrical tape, but any tape should work.
And now you have a your very own stress ball!
(You can make these by placing the flour directly into the balloon, but the sandwich provides another layer in the hope of lowering the risk of flour going everywhere!)
God Bless, Holly